The internet is full of rankings, listings, databases, and directories for attorneys. After a serious accident in Ohio, people searching for a top-rated Ohio personal injury attorney can find lawyers on business directories like Google, Yelp, Business Finder, and the Better Business Bureau, and on lawyer-specific websites and referral services. If you’re looking for a lawyer, using a legal directory can provide lawyer ratings, disciplinary actions, and peer endorsements.
There are many directories on the internet because legal marketing is a big business. Directories compete for search engine placement by offering the most information to visitors. Below are nine directories you may use to find an Ohio personal injury lawyer:
- SuperLawyers.com: A peer-reviewed rating of services of outstanding lawyers selected by independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations.
- Avvo.com: An “online marketplace” of legal services where lawyers can share client reviews, legal guides, and peer endorsements.
- Lawyers.com: Lawyers.com is a free service from Martindale-Hubbell, publishers of lawyer and law firm directories since 1868. The site offers legal articles, blogs by attorneys, and an “Ask A Lawyer” forum.
- Findlaw.com: An online legal directory managed by Canadian media conglomerate Thomson Reuters.
- Nolo.com: A DIY legal site that also offers a consumer-oriented legal directory connecting consumers with attorneys based on the needed practice area.
- BestLawyers.com: One of the oldest peer-reviewed attorney rating publications, founded by Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith, two Harvard Law graduates and authors.
- Justia.com: Justia is a legal information retrieval service offering free case law, codes, opinion summaries, and other basic legal texts, with paid services for its attorney directory. Justia was founded by Tim Stanley in 2003, who first founded FindLaw in 1995.
- HG.org: A listing service for lawyers and law firms worldwide.
- Ohio Bar Association: The Ohio State Bar Association offers an Ohio attorney directory and links to various lawyer referral services registered with the Supreme Court of Ohio.
Researching Attorneys: Review Case Results and Client Testimonials
You should not select a lawyer based solely on a ranking in a directory. Do your homework and see how the attorney has handled prior cases. Case results are a reflection of knowledge, skills, and experience, although it is important to distinguish that no two cases are alike. A settlement or verdict in one type of accident case does not mean that another case will have the same value.
However, a lawyer who has many years of experience and a long track record of recovering full and fair compensation in personal injury cases will be well-qualified to prepare a case for trial and negotiate a fair settlement.
At GBM Law, we also publish client testimonials and Google Reviews on our website to give potential clients a perspective on how well we have served prior clients.
Affordable Legal Services for Personal Injury Clients
The contingency fee arrangement is one of the advantages of personal injury law over other types of situations that may require an attorney. Because a fee is contingent on a monetary recovery, your attorney is only paid if and when a settlement or verdict is reached. This allows you to choose the very best, most experienced lawyer to represent you. There are no upfront retainers or out-of-pocket fees. The lawyer assumes all risk. In the unlikely event they accept your case and do not recover money for you, you owe nothing.
To schedule a free consultation for your personal injury case, feel free to call us at 614-222-4444 or fill out a case evaluation form.