The law requires that all motorists have car insurance. However, a person may have a right to be reimbursed for personal injuries and property damage even if they do not have insurance at the time of a car accident. If you were not insured at the time of your car accident, you should notify the at fault party’s insurance company of the fact that you were injured. The police should provide you with the at fault driver’s car insurance information.  More importantly, you should see a medical provider such as an urgent care or local emergency room to make sure your injuries are properly diagnosed. This is for your own safety because injuries may be very serious even though the symptoms might seem minimal.

If you do not own a car, then consider buying an insurance bond. An Insurance bond is not expensive and the bond will provide you with “coverage” when you are driving a car owned by someone else. If you were involved in a car accident, Don’t give up, get help. Call a lawyer to receive advice and assistance.