A disabled man living in a rental property was exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide. He ultimately succumbed to his injuries six months later. His family retained GBM Law to get answers.
GBM Lawâ€™s Sydney McLafferty hired a heating and plumbing specialist to inspect the rental property within days of the carbon monoxide leak. The inspection showed that despite hazard warnings, the furnace had been turned back on by maintenance staff. A dislodged vent filled the rental property with high levels of carbon monoxide. At times feeling like David versus Goliath, GBM Law litigated countless motions filed by the nine (9) lawyers representing the opposing parties. The defendants knew GBM would take the case to trial and ultimately agreed to settle for a combined settlement of $765,000 just before the trial date.